Friday, October 9, 2009

Check Out Social Networking Sites



I was in my early years of college when I had an account with MySpace and hi5. I signed up for hi5 primarily because my high school friends were sending me requests to join, and I thought the best possible way I could keep in touch with them or friends I haven't seen for a while was to accept their requests. But I deleted my accounts eventually as I felt there was a definite loss of privacy in those social networking sites.

With MySpace, I felt it was directed more towards the youth and the teens. It has fun layouts and music to put on the profile, and it has a lot other options to "pimp the profile" as they like to refer to it on the site.

Although I never had an actual Friendster account, I had the permission to sign in to my friend's account. I always thought it was somewhat boring. Atleast, to me it definitely seemed so.

Facebook seems a lot more exciting to me and is the only social networking site I'm addicted to at this point in time. The popularity for Facebook has grown over the years, and it also encouraged reserved individuals, such as myself, to sign up and stay active. The fact that everyone's joining the site makes it that much popular, the chances of running into an old friend or friends I haven't seen for a while are likely to be higher now that almost everyone I know is there. I could connect with them without being too personal or being too awkward, as it happens when you suddenly meet an old friend from old times and don't have much to say to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment